Just completed the Cambridge Train The Trainer course through IH Lima and had a very positive experience. As it was online (Zoom) due to Covid-19, I was able to attend from Tokyo, Japan and it didn't even feel like remote learning. I found the Director helpful and answered any questions I had quickly and efficiently. The course itself was intensive but was well managed and the content was practical and interesting. The other participants were knowledgeable and motivated and I looked forward to each day of the course. I highly recommend.
- Tanika Povea Mora -
Train the Trainer Graduate 31/12/20
Train the Trainer
Train the Trainer overview
Participants develop the knowledge and skills they need to train English language teachers working in primary and secondary schools. They learn how to run training sessions, observe teaching and give feedback.
The Train the Trainer course helps participants to:
- design and deliver teacher training sessions and courses
- observe other teachers and give supportive feedback
- understand how to develop further as a trainer
When enrolling on our Train the Trainer, your Programme Experience includes*:
- Train the trainer programme
- Access to 6hrs more of example of training sessions on a training programme (you will be invited to shadow observe a pre-service or in-service training programme by an experienced tutor).
- 30 min of coaching with an experienced CELTA/Delta trainer to prepare a real input session to deliver as a guest speaker.
- 60-90 min delivery of an input session on a real teacher training course being observed by an experienced CELTA/Delta tutor.
- Written feedback on that input session and a letter of completion issued by IH University Programmes.
- If not Delta qualified already, 10% on Delta (M2,and M3).
“Being trained under International House quality standards is a synonym of excellence and professionalism”
*The ‘Train the Trainer Experience’ will be planned with the programme director in advance to meet course programmes schedules and availability.
You can now take Train the Trainer 100% Online from anywhere in the world with International House University Programmes
Will the fact that I’ve taken Train the Trainer online appear on my certificate?
No. Train the Trainer online leads to exactly the same certificate as the face-to-face programme. Assessed outcomes are the same for all trainees, so there is no need for separate certification.
Course content and structure
The training class
Analysing and designing training sessions
Delivering training sessions
Course planning and trainer development
There is no formal assessment for this course. In order to gain a course certificate of completion, participants need to attend the whole course.
Ideally, candidates should have:
- At least 5 years of teaching experience (post teacher training)
- A graduate degree in English, Linguistics or related field
- A Cambridge Delta or equivalent level 7 qualification (desirable, but not essential)
- CEFR Level B2 or above
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in teaching and managing groups of adult learners
- Some kind of experience mentoring, observing teachers, giving input sessions, giving feedback, coordinating teachers, management
Official Cambridge Train the Trainer Certificate.
Course dates 2022
The course format includes:
- Live sessions in group
- Asynchronous learning on our platform
Part time (6 weeks – 4 live sessions)
- January 29- March 12 -- Saturday live sessions
- April 25 - June 4th -- Friday live sessions
- August 6- Sept 17 -- Saturday live sessions
- August 29th - Oct 8th -- Friday live sessions
- Oct 8 - Nov 19 -- Saturday live sessions
Semi – Full time (2 weeks - 2 live sessions a week)
- July 11- July 23
- August 1- August 13
Intensive – Full time ( Daily live sessions)
- July 25 - July 30
- USD $595 including all materials, Cambridge Fees and digital Certificate